Understanding Server Basics : Windows 2003 and 2008
In a windows Server all Website related files and folders have to be uploaded in the 'httpdocs'
The default page on Windows 2003 & 2008 server is default.html or index.html.
In case, if your default page should be default.asp or default.aspx or default.php php then you are advised to set the default page using Plesk Control Panel
1. Login Control panel and go to Websites & Domains
2. Click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Virtual Directories
3. Click on Directory Properties
4. And then in Documents either select from the drop down or type the file name and Add
5. Select the file and click UP to set default page for the domain and click OK